Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jga
Returning Member

If I earned some (not all) income from affiliate links (commission earnings through web links via email), did I earn from web pages? Do I tick this box?

For the question: “My self-employment work or business earns income from websites and/or web pages”

I earn some income (not all) through affiliate links when I refer hosting service to clients. I send the link (usually in an email, but it is posted on my website too), they click on it, and i get a commission.

Also, I earned USD, but paid in CAD (no tax charged to the payer, based in the US) - does this affect how I enter it? Or just enter the CAD amount?

Do I tick this box? I ticked it for now. I didn’t enter the percentage I earn from this, because I don’t know it...still not sure what the net income is, because this is so confusing!

1 Reply

If I earned some (not all) income from affiliate links (commission earnings through web links via email), did I earn from web pages? Do I tick this box?

If your business earns partial income from web pages, leave the box checked.

Amounts should be entered in CAD.

Tip* Did you know that along with a full review of your return when you're finished, TurboTax Live Assist & Review users can contact an expert for assistance while preparing the return? 

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3456106