Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank does not give T5 for low interest, so how do you report it?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If you received a small about of interest from you bank, generally under $50, you may not have received a T5 slip. You must still report this income, even if you weren’t issued a slip.

In TurboTax, click on Income > Investments > Interest on Bank Accounts Not Reported on a T-Slip

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MamaK

If you didn't receive a T5 it is not enough to worry about.

If you received a small about of interest from you bank, generally under $50, you may not have received a T5 slip. You must still report this income, even if you weren’t issued a slip.

In TurboTax, click on Income > Investments > Interest on Bank Accounts Not Reported on a T-Slip

Anonymous
Not applicable

Reporting less than $50.00 bank interest without a T5 will prompt you to upgrade to TT Premier! My husband and I both have a CIBC eAdvantage Savings account. This accounts interest is taxed. My husband earned over $50 interest and received a T5, and we were able to prepare taxes using TT Deluxe; however, since I only earned $16.14 on my eAdvantage Savings account I didn't receive a T5 and now I have to report the interest under Investments-Bank interest not on a slip. Now TT prompts me to upgrade to Premium and pay more to prepare taxes for both my husband and myself. $18.88 each to $31.49 each just to report $16.14 bank interest without a T5!