Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gfobes1

Initially indicated self employment earnings but actually was other income. unable to process netfile as warning for self employment pops up. any suggestions

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Initially indicated self employment earnings but actually was other income. unable to process netfile as warning for self employment pops up. any suggestions

In this case, the software detected that a business form was initiated and not all the information was completed. To correct this, you will need to delete the business form.

In Easy Step, click on Business Summary and you should be able to delete the business forms.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Can you tell me the entire message of the warning? I just want to make sure we are not overlooking anything critical.
gfobes1

reported invalid industry code and missing address details. i had changed from self employed income to other income.  but the program has not reset and blocks netfile opportunity.
gfobes1

thank you

In this case, the software detected that a business form was initiated and not all the information was completed. To correct this, you will need to delete the business form.

In Easy Step, click on Business Summary and you should be able to delete the business forms.