Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
auth43

My husband is a medical resident he is on a scholarship and is being paid a salary but they have not given him a t4 form. Should i put his salary in the t4 section?

4 Replies

My husband is a medical resident he is on a scholarship and is being paid a salary but they have not given him a t4 form. Should i put his salary in the t4 section?

Can he check with his employer to see if a T4 is coming?
auth43

No. They said not until 4 1/2 years from now. For the five years he will be working with them, he will not get T4 form until he completes his return of service.

Is he working in Canada?

If has not been given a T4 slip, then you would generally not fill out the T4 slip section. However, you likely do need to report your husbands income.

You should contact the CRA to see what you should do in this case: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2647704