Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last year I used the Self Employed plan, but for 2023 return I do not need that plan. How do I make this change while still being able to load last year's information?

How do I change my TurboTax Plan and Price?
3 Replies

Last year I used the Self Employed plan, but for 2023 return I do not need that plan. How do I make this change while still being able to load last year's information?

If you transfer your return from last year, then it will automatically put you into the same version of TurboTax Online that you used last year. So, if you don't need Self-Employed this year, then you 'd need to a completely brand new return.

Yes, that was the only solution, but it really wasn't all that bad after all, and the step down in price made the effort worthwhile.

Thanks

Great to hear! Happy Filing!