Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
a2e3zed
Returning Member

Logging in

I filed my 2020 return using the premier software I bought from you. I want to file another return for my son but the code required to download the software is no longer acceptable. What can I do?
1 Reply

Logging in

First, please make sure that you have the right product. The codes for TurboTax Online will not work with TurboTax CD/Download & vice-versa.

If you have TurboTax Online, you only need to enter your activation code once. If you try to use it again on the activation page, you will get an error message because it has already been used. When you log in to the account in which you used the activation code, any new returns you create will automatically start in Premier, if you have any returns left.

The code will not work in the payment area of the return, and all your returns must be in the same account that you used when you activated your code.

If you have bought TurboTax CD/Download, you will be asked for the licence code when you install the software. You can download older versions of TurboTax CD/download edition here: Where can I download the CD/download edition of TurboTax?

If you are still not able to resolve your code issue, please contact our phone support team. You can use the form on this page to get the right phone number to call: TurboTax Contact Us