Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My son (uni student) hired as a "contractor"where EI or CPP were not deducted and a T4 was not provided? Where do I enter income on his return? T4 section or elsewhere?

The income is under $1000 for lifeguarding at university pool for a local swim club.
3 Replies

My son (uni student) hired as a "contractor"where EI or CPP were not deducted and a T4 was not provided? Where do I enter income on his return? T4 section or elsewhere?

For TurboTax Download, enter on line 10400 of your return, the tips, gratuities or occasional earnings that you received that are not included on your T4 slips.

To enter the occasional income in TurboTax Online, see the image below and enter under Tips, gratuities or occasional earning.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Thank you for the quick reply.

You are very welcome.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.