Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brevei

My son worked for Goodlife and needed his cell phone for client contacts, where do i claim this?

I try to claim as a work expense but the program asks for his business number and he does not have a business.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My son worked for Goodlife and needed his cell phone for client contacts, where do i claim this?

If you have the installed Home and Business, you can click on the forms icon, top menu and then type in T777.  In order to make this claim, he must have a form T2200 signed by his employer stating that the cellphone was a condition of employment.  The employer will provide the form, fill it in and sign it.  You can only deduct what is allowed per the form.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If you have the installed Home and Business, you can click on the forms icon, top menu and then type in T777.  In order to make this claim, he must have a form T2200 signed by his employer stating that the cellphone was a condition of employment.  The employer will provide the form, fill it in and sign it.  You can only deduct what is allowed per the form.