Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prior to upgrading to "Deluxe" there was a section where I could submit my medical receipts. Once I upgraded, it disappeared. Is there any way to submit my receipts?

At first I had the option of entering manually or submitting my medical receipts, but it wouldn't let me claim Medical Expenses unless I upgraded to the "Deluxe" version of turbotax. So I upgraded, but then it automatically gave me the "Enter Manually" option and every time I try to go back it skips giving me the option and puts me straight to manual. I have all the receipts saved as PDFs. Does it matter? Should I just hold on to them?

Naturally I'm worried about submitting something in error and was just hoping I could let the documents speak for themselves.
1 Reply

Prior to upgrading to "Deluxe" there was a section where I could submit my medical receipts. Once I upgraded, it disappeared. Is there any way to submit my receipts?

You will need to go to "Deductions" and to "Medical Expenses" and enter them manually, as there is no way to enter your submit your receipts.  Please make sure to keep all receipts for CRA in case they ask for them. 

Here is a great article from TurboTax on: How do I enter my medical expenses

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.