Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchased TurboTax Standard 2023, which I have used for a number of years. It won't download because it says I'm running Windows 8, but I'm running Windows 10 Pro?

9 Replies

Purchased TurboTax Standard 2023, which I have used for a number of years. It won't download because it says I'm running Windows 8, but I'm running Windows 10 Pro?

Please make sure that you have the Windows system requirements, found here.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax. 

Device name MTC-George
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3340M CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.70 GHz
Installed RAM 4.00 GB (3.88 GB usable)
Device ID A596E2BE-7C13-4253-8362-57CFBF93AF47
Product ID 0[product key removed]-AA612
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎2020-‎11-‎15
OS build [removed]
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.[removed].0

Please make sure that you are not running Windows 10 in Tablet mode.

Tablet mode is off.

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\TurboTax 2023 or where ever you have TurboTax installed. 

Right click on tt2023.exe and select Properties. Then click on the compatibility tab. Make sure nothing is checked under Compatibility Mode. If there is something checked, uncheck it and click OK. Then try to start TurboTax again. 

That's the thing, it won't download the file.

Checked in Downloads and there wasn't anything checked.

Are you using the CD or downloading from our website?

Website.

Anyway, i went back to the original download and tried it again and it downloaded this time?

Looks like it is going to work.

Thanks for your suggestions.

GD