Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-Fill not working (even after trying 3 times)

Some clients have Auto-filled 100s of forms without difficulty. Please try a different browser and verify that your virus protector or pop up blocker is not causing the issue by turning them off before trying again.

Thank you for your patience.

I have been running into this issue and can't proceed filling out my return. Is this due to the amount of T5008 available in the CRA site? I don't have any connectivity bridge issues between Turbotax and CRA, but seems Turbotax can't handle the amount of T5008? I have less than 200 (I thought it was limited to a 501) Is this issue going to be resolve/has been resolved? is there any way to auto fill or is manually filling all these the only way to proceed? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

There is a limit of 30 x T5008 that can be transferred with Autofill. If entering a large amount you should enter similar ones as one total instead of individually. Keep a record of the list should the Canada Revenue Agency require it in the future.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

There is a limit?  

I have paid for the priem version of Turbo Tax.  Shouldn't the limit be advertised on the box so buyer are aware? 

jc2024

Doe TurboTax still have a limit of 30 T5008s for CRA's auto-fill?  Understand that this was an issue in previous years and wondering if it applies for the 2023 tax year.  If still in effect, are there any plans to increase the limit to match CRA's limit of 500?

Yes it is still the same amount and changes are always in the works at TurboTax towards making things better for our clients.

I beg to disagree.  The auto download from CRA also did not function 2022 filing. And now, for 2023.

For specifics, I am using online version sitting at a Mac. I tried Safari, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox. None work to download my data from CRA to TurboTax.  

Also very annoying is that the error leaves you in a state where you are unable to properly log-out. The error msg basically stated  'close to browser window and log back in'. 

Very disappointed in the Inuit response to this issue. It is now mid April. My data is available with the CRA.

I wonder, .... if I walked over to a Windows machine, would the download from CRA function work?

BTW, extremely disappointed I am paying so much for this software. Definitely going to research other options for filing next year.

Thank you for your feedback, we value your opinion and will share this information with the proper TurboTax team.

It will only upload a limit of 30 slips from CRA. Are you kidding me? 
CRA allows 500 and you cap it at 30? 
How can you say that the software transfer information from CRA when you limit it?  Let me guess…it doesn’t matter if I purchase the delux or premium package…I max at 30? 

This information should be clearly visible on the box.