Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought TT2019 h&b. do not have optical drive on laptop, so i found a download for the program. program installs fine. when i go to register it crashes. why?

download was found on tt forum
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Bought TT2019 h&b. do not have optical drive on laptop, so i found a download for the program. program installs fine. when i go to register it crashes. why?

We are aware of the issue with registering TurboTax software. Our Production Team has been very hard at work to fix this issue. 

You can skip the register part and complete your return and at a later date come back to register your software. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Faulting application name: tt2019.exe, version: 2019.0.0.6012, time stamp: 0x5e86f7a2
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.535, time stamp: 0x5bd9df62
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x001135d2
Faulting process id: 0x5a0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d611ba0e2d9727
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\TurboTax 2019\tt2019.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 6ca1f373-58c6-4e1b-945e-c12c0e529802
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

We are aware of the issue with registering TurboTax software. Our Production Team has been very hard at work to fix this issue. 

You can skip the register part and complete your return and at a later date come back to register your software.