Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change my turbo tax product

how do I change my turbo tax product
2 Replies

If you need to upgrade, TurboTax will give you the opportunity to do so if you enter something that is not supported by your current version. 

Unfortunately, there is no way to downgrade a TurboTax Online return. You would need to create a new return to switch to a lower product. 

To start a new return, select “Start a New Return” from under “My Returns” in the top left corner. Once you have started your new return, you can select “View All Returns” from under “My Accounts & Returns”. Then delete the unwanted return by clicking the small Trash Can next to it or “Delete” under the return’s name.

if you get started in TurboTax and need to upgrade, the information you already entered will be transferred over. To find out which income, credits, and deductions are included in each edition of TurboTax Online, visit our online tax software page.

Note: there is no way to downgrade a TurboTax product once it has been upgraded.  You will need to create a new return and choose a lower version. If you enter a donation, the upgrade will happen again. 

Once you have started your new return, you can click on"My returns" then "View all tax returns"  and click the small Trash Can next to the unwanted return to delete it.

For more information please see our TurboTax FAQ Why did I have to upgrade my TurboTax Online edition?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.