Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blue_lightning23
Returning Member

I entered scholarship income but turbotax still says my income is 0, is that normal?

I put a number in T4A - Box 105 but everything income related still says 0.
4 Replies

I entered scholarship income but turbotax still says my income is 0, is that normal?

Students who enroll full-time and are entitled to the tuition deduction are not required to claim scholarship money appear in Box 105 of the T4A tax slip as taxable income, except when related to employers and businesses.

The following qualify for the scholarship exemption and are considered non-taxable:

• scholarships
  • awards
  • bursaries
  • fellowships

For more information, please click:

TurboTax Financial Awards That Qualify for the Scholarship Exemption

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

blue_lightning23
Returning Member

So just to confirm, this isn't a bug? I entered 3000 in box 105image.png

but when I finish the T4A slip says this.

image.png

As you can see in your screenshot, the T4A Summary page only shows the amounts in Box 16 & Box 28. Your amount in Box 105 will not show up on the T4A summary, though it is still included as part of your return.

nareshc

My son is fulltime student and he entered scholarship amount on T4A box 105 but when he creates PDF file to submit the return, this amount is not displayed anywhere.