Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have Turbotax Standard. I received a T4A with an amount of $500 received as a senior benefit in box 205. Where is box 205 in Turbotax T4A? Where do I enter this?

The for I received is T4A not T4A(P)
2 Replies

I have Turbotax Standard. I received a T4A with an amount of $500 received as a senior benefit in box 205. Where is box 205 in Turbotax T4A? Where do I enter this?

If you are using TurboTax CD/Download in Easystep (Interview) mode:

1. Select Find (or the magnifying glass icon) from the top right
  2. In the Find window, type T4a in the search box and then choose “T4A Pension, Retirement, annuity” from the list. Then click the “Go” button.
  3. On the “Entering your federal T-slips” screen, check off the box next to the T4A.
  4. Click “Continue” until you get to the “T4A - Pension, Retirement, Annuity, and Other Income” page. There, you can scroll down to the bottom and find Box 205.

If you are using TurboTax CD/Download in Forms mode, click on “Forms” in the blue income bar, then select T4A from the list and click Ok. On the T4A entry page, click the blue box next to “Enter here CERB boxes 197 to 205”. On the pop-up that appears, Box 205 will be on the bottom.

This is how you can enter box 205 on a T4A slip when using TurboTax Online:

1. Click on Find in the top right-hand corner, type "T4A", select "T4A Pension, Retirement, Annuity" from the list, and click go.

2. In the T4A Summary click on "Edit" beside the slip.
3. Scroll down until you reach the COVID Related Benefits section.

4. Enter the amount for "One-time payment for older seniors" (Box 205).

Thank you for choosing Turbo Tax.