Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmcmahon3

My TurboTax doesn't allow me to enter an amount for digital news subscription credit.

If you don't check the box for digital descriptions in the interview, it won't let you enter an amount in Turbo Tax Desktop or Turbo Tax Online.

My TurboTax doesn't allow me to enter an amount for digital news subscription credit.

If you are using the Forms method, Jan's answer (see previous posts) works: 

You have to open the T1 General form by going into Form view, once opened you have to increase the text size to be able to enter an amount. In the Easy Step increase the text size does not increase the text of the form, just the EasyStep instructions

I am using Turbo Tax Download. Line 31350 will not let me enter any amount?

jmcmahon3

It is likely that you did not check of the box in the "My Info" section of Turbo Tax.

I went back and corrected mine and my wife's info page indicating we both had digital news subscriptions and populated the boxes when the program asked for the amount of the subscriptions.   But, 'I input them and yet the summary of the program taxes payable before Net-filing does not show our respective digital news subscription tax credits. 

Frustrating! 

If you wish to claim your digital news subscription as an expense, please enter the amount on Line 31350 when filing your taxes. Please note that this is a non-refundable tax credit designed to reduce your tax payable to zero, and they do not result in a tax refund. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.