Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turbotax 2023 will not install on windows 11

Just bought it online, program not installing
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Thanks again for your help..... I did some digging and finally I realized I had the 2022 version still installed, I cant explain why but I uninstalled it, restarted the computer and the 2023 version installed perfectly...

Whatever I did, it worked.... Thanks again

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Did you buy the Online software or the Download version? This information will help us guide you further.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Thanks for quick reply. Yes, bought it online about 30 minutes ago, the program starts getting winzipped, asks permission and then I click install and the window disappears... I am very confortable with these operations, I have bought turbotax for the last 6 years and never had a problem.... please help I cannot even call Intuit, they dont post their phone number.

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link where you will find the telephone number: Contact Us

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Thanks again for your help..... I did some digging and finally I realized I had the 2022 version still installed, I cant explain why but I uninstalled it, restarted the computer and the 2023 version installed perfectly...

Whatever I did, it worked.... Thanks again

I just purchased the TurboTax Home & Business 2023 software. I am trying to install it on my desktop and i get a Microsoft message that the App is not recognized. 

Help.

Are you able to accept anyway? Do you possibly have an antivirus on your computer? If yes, please disable it until TurboTax is installed then, be sure to turn your antivirus back on.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Thank you Brenda

Yes, I had to disable antivirus. I was able to install Turbotax after doing that.

Thanks again.

Good to hear 🙂 

Butch80

I purchased turbotax standard 2023 with cd & download options as I have 2 computers - one with windows 10 and a cd drive and the other with windows 11 and no cd drive.  turbotax installs and works great on the windows 10 computer with cd drive however I can't seem to get turbotax on windows 11.  Any ideas?

Butch80