Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

When will this form be ready? T777S - Statement of Employment Expenses for Working at Home Due to COVID-19

17 Replies

When will this form be ready? T777S - Statement of Employment Expenses for Working at Home Due to COVID-19

We are happy to report that the T777S/T777 forms have been updated and you can now complete entering your employment expenses.

We have included below our TurboTax FAQ link to help you with this if needed.

Employment Expenses Tax Info Centre

Thank you for your patience.

I upadted my TurboTax this morning Feb. 17 2021 and still could not find the form T777s.  When will this form be available?"

We are happy to report that the T777S/T777 forms have been updated and you can now complete entering your employment expenses. 

Expenses related to a home workspace can be included on line 22900 but there are considerations to review with the new allowances and possibilities available due to Covid 19 this year. 

Here are Canada Revenue Agency links with information regarding Expenses Tax Info Centre   CRA  Eligibility criteria - Temporary flat rate method 

Note:

If using the form method, one of the forms required is the T777S-Statement of Employment Expenses for Working at Home Due to COVID-19. For the flat rate method to be activated in TurboTax Online, you enter your T4 and scroll down to the bottom where you will be asked about working from home. You will then go answer questions under employment expenses.

If using TurboTax CD/Download please see our link below for guidance.

Where do I claim my employment expenses in the CD/download edition of TurboTax? 

Thank you for using TurboTax.

Sorry...I am trying to find this under the Employment Expenses section on Turbotax Online Standard.  There is NO option or reference to this form whatsoever. Only the T2200(s) are available to select. Can you please tell me when this form will be added so I may complete my return? Yes, I selected the option to claim COVID expenses after entering my T4 info.  

+1, T777S is not available for me anywhere in TurboTax.

The only option here is to enter your number of days but line for 9939 is still missing.

9939 is calculated based on the number of days you work. When you enter in the information that indicates you should be using T777S, it will ask you how many days you worked from home. You enter that, the system multiplies it by $2, and then gives you your total credit amount.

I did input the number of days but no total amount for the claim