Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I own farm land that is rented out for farm use , were to input , only have twn sec range as description and address

6 Replies

I own farm land that is rented out for farm use , were to input , only have twn sec range as description and address

You would use the T2042 Statement of Farm Activities - Part 4 line 9811 - Rent(land,building and pastures). 

This form can be found in the online version under: 

• "Income" tab, "Self Employment" then "Farming Activities".

I don't think so - that's where you enter the rent you pay, not the rental income you receive.

The question is where do you enter your rental income when you rent it out to others?

@molsonbeer1

@DougFromCalgary

To input information regarding rental income is simple using the EasyStep.

• Click the Find button on the top right-hand side;
  • then, enter rental income;
  • then you will be prompted to answer questions regarding your rental income.

When using the forms, enter rental income in the keyword search and select the T776 form Real estate rentals.

artiew1

My husband rents out his farmland.  To claim the rental he puts in the legal address of the land.  When he wants to file his return on line he gets an error saying they need the street address of the land.  There IS no street address of farmland.  Is this a glitch in the program?  He ends up having to print out his return and mailing it each year.

You will need to contact the CRA at 1 (800) 959-8281 to ask them if there is a solution to this.

They may ask you to enter your home address with that specific location.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

We have the same problem but what we do is enter the proper LSD in the Address box - section/twp/rge/W2 in our case and for postal code we entered the postal code of the nearest town which is Wapella and the application lets you do that.

Way easier than having to print and mail it.

Doug.