Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sevbatz101
Returning Member

Received a 2020 T4A with an amount on Box 105, but no 2020 T2202. How to input on TurboTax?

I asked this in a different category last week but didn't receive a response so I wanted to ask again.

I received a 2020 T4A from 'Canada Student Loans Program' with an amount on Box 105 (grant I received as a grant paydown onto my student loans). However, I do not have a 2020 T2202. I was last considered a full-time student between Jan-April 2019 (have a T2202 for that).

Which Box 105 do I input this into on TurboTax? I'm getting mixed messages from the support staff I've spoken to on the phone, and there 8 or 9 different Box 105s. Thanks

From my understanding, I still qualify as a "qualifying student" when it comes to the scholarship exemption as per the CRA website:

"Full-time enrolment

Post-secondary school scholarships, fellowships, and bursaries are not taxable if you received them in 2020 for your enrolment in a program if you are considered a full-time qualifying student for 2019, 2020 or 2021."

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/individuals/topics/about-your-tax-return/tax-re...

2 Replies

Received a 2020 T4A with an amount on Box 105, but no 2020 T2202. How to input on TurboTax?

Thank you for your question.

To enter the T4A information from box 105 on TurboTax, follow these instructions:

1) Open your TurboTax return

2) On the left-hand side click on Income-> T-Slips.

3) Click on T4A Pension, Retirement, Annuity

4) Click enter new T4A

5) scroll down to box 105 and read the information beside each one and enter the amount in the appropriate box 105.

If you have any questions, please contact us.

I have entered my T4A into every single 105 box and I still get an error message. So which box do I enter it into. The first 105 box reads scholarships. I didn’t receive a scholarship I received a student loan