Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received an email about 40% discount but it's not applied to my order

Hi I received an email about a 40% off deal from TurboTax Canada but it didn't mention a code. After clicking on the email link, I can see the marketing page with an expected $24/return fee for Premier but when clicking on the "Get Started" button and signing in, it's not applied to my return that is in progress. Instead I see a fee of $34 instead of $40, probably from another promotion code.  Is also tried to type [phone number removed] as a coupon but it didn't work (I get an error "Voucher code is expired or invalid.").

https://turbotax.intuit.ca/offers/diy-anr-fs-promo-40-mar-27?priorityCode=[phone number removed]&cid...

It looks like a bug, is it possible to get a coupon code directly on the return's order page?

Thanks,

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Didn't get a reply from the moderator but I called the support who said that it was a bug and to pay the fee and ask for a refund after that. I hope TT billing will honor what their support said to me!

View solution in original post

FYI I made a request for a refund with the following link before the expiration of the 40% discount (expiration mentioned in the marketing email). I will post when I hear back!

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/turbotax-support/en-ca/help-article/taxation/get-refund-turbota...

View solution in original post

14 Replies
mpocock1
Returning Member

The exact same thing has happened to me. I am going to wait for a fix before paying.

Thank you.

Moussi2

We sent you a personal message. Please check your inbox in regards to that.

Thank you for choosing Turbotax.

Hi @Moussi2 

Could you kindly resend it as i didn't receive your email. Thanks for your help!

Moussi2

Please kindly check your inbox now. 

Char1001

There was no code in the email and the offer didn't apply when I tried to check out

@Char1001 We don't send out discount codes. If you got a discount email, then that email will contain a link. You would click on the link, and then start your TurboTax Online return, or purchase TurboTax CD/Download (depending on what the discount was for).

vlekun

Hi, I've also received this email and the discount has not been applied at checkout. Can you please send me the correct information as well, thank you! 

Didn't get a reply from the moderator but I called the support who said that it was a bug and to pay the fee and ask for a refund after that. I hope TT billing will honor what their support said to me!

@vlekun we have sent you a private message.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.