Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Somehow my income is twice as much as the income i have on t4 box 14 how do i correct this

instead of 17797.52 which is my income  the tax summary for my income is doubled to 35000.00+  how can i change  it back to correct amount of 17797.52
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Somehow my income is twice as much as the income i have on t4 box 14 how do i correct this

Please verify your entries and all the slips you have to make sure you didn't enter them twice. Did you have any other income from other sources? Did you do a dual return where the income got split ? There are a few factors to verify. You can always go back to Profile area and income area to remove any check marks and amounts .

To delete, Click Income > T-Slips > T4/Releve 1 Employment income

In the Summary page that loads, simply delete the undesired slips.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Please verify your entries and all the slips you have to make sure you didn't enter them twice. Did you have any other income from other sources? Did you do a dual return where the income got split ? There are a few factors to verify. You can always go back to Profile area and income area to remove any check marks and amounts .

To delete, Click Income > T-Slips > T4/Releve 1 Employment income

In the Summary page that loads, simply delete the undesired slips.