Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I download both T slips and Releve slips? If not, which one should I download and will the other slips be auto-filled?

I am a Quebec resident with all income in Quebec.  

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Should I download both T slips and Releve slips? If not, which one should I download and will the other slips be auto-filled?

There’s no reason not to download both. You will need the T-slips for your Federal Return and the releves for your Quebec return.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

There’s no reason not to download both. You will need the T-slips for your Federal Return and the releves for your Quebec return.

Thanks.  Thought that I read somewhere in previous years that downloading the Releves in addition to the T-slips would result in duplication because Turbo Tax would try to create the Releves from the T slips. Glad to hear this is no longer a problem.   

Thanks for your response.  I downloaded my slips from both CRA and Revenue Quebec as you syggested. However, after downloading from CRA when downloading from Revenue Quebec I received a warning from Turbo tax that I had already downlaoded and contunuing could cause duplication.  I downloaded Revenue Quebec anyway and indeed some slips had now been duplicated. I received another warning that there were 2 releves with the same information and one should be deleted.  It appears that when I download T slips from CRA, Turbo Tax tries to create the corresponding Releve's so there is a potential for duplication.  

The T slips and the Releves do have slightly different information. 

Is there any way to stop Turbo Tax from creating Releve's when the CRA T slips are downloaded?

Thanks!