Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is my first Canadian tax return and I don't know how to complete my return and lodge it so I can receive my funds. Ive put in all my digits and its all ready to go..

1 Reply

This is my first Canadian tax return and I don't know how to complete my return and lodge it so I can receive my funds. Ive put in all my digits and its all ready to go..

Since this is your first time filing, you most likely will have to paper file your return. To do this you will need to save a pdf of your return, print it out, and then mail it to the CRA.

1. From the menu across the top of your screen, select File and then choose the first option in the menu that opens.

· If you haven’t completed the Review section of your return yet, TurboTax will then guide you through a review of your return.

· If you haven’t paid for your return (or confirmed your order if you’re using TurboTax Free), TurboTax will then guide you through the Payment section.  Note: Paying for your return does not file your return to the CRA. Once you’ve paid for your return, you will need to complete the steps that follow to file your return.

2. On the File step, select the “Print & Mail your Return(s)” button.

3. Click on the “Open a PDF of your federal return for printing” under your name to open/save your return. This copy is the CRA copy and it is a condensed version with a bar code on it. Print this out, and click on the “Where do I mail my federal return(s)?” link to find out where you need to mail your return. If you live in Quebec, you also have to print and mail your Quebec return.

Why am I not eligible to file my tax return using NETFILE https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2647669

In the online edition of TurboTax, how do I submit my tax return to CRA using the NETFILE service? https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3210262