Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is my first year in Canada and I did my taxes with turbo tax, but I can't create an account in CRA. I want to get the refund, but I need help.

That's my first refund. For to get the refund, I need to create a account at CRA, right?
5 Replies

This is my first year in Canada and I did my taxes with turbo tax, but I can't create an account in CRA. I want to get the refund, but I need help.

No, you don't need a CRA account to get your tax refund.

What do I need? Yesterday, I did the direct deposit with my bank. If I only need that and nothing else, how long do I have to wait?

The CRA's goal is to send you a notice of assessment, as well as any refund, within:

• two weeks, when you file online
  • eight weeks, when you file a paper return

I finish all with TurboTax and send it to CRA the February 20, I don't have any answer. Yesterday, I did my direct deposit with my bank. Maybe it's because I did that yesterday, right?

Yes, if you only set up direct deposit yesterday, then they may have mailed out a cheque for your refund.