Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I live in QC and work in ON. I received a R1 and T4 from my employer. R1 employment income only showns health insurance amt, not all income. How do I enter this?

Work for federal gov in Ottawa and lived in Quebec for all of 2016. I received both a T4 and Releve 1 from my employer. On the Releve1, it only shows the Private Health Insurance amt in Box A Employment Income, not my total employment income as shown on the T4. How do I enter this in TurboTax given it is different than the T4 but the same employer?
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I live in QC and work in ON. I received a R1 and T4 from my employer. R1 employment income only showns health insurance amt, not all income. How do I enter this?

Enter your T4 info first and the software will create a RL1. Now enter just your RL1 info and indicate no linked t4. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Enter your T4 info first and the software will create a RL1. Now enter just your RL1 info and indicate no linked t4. 

cbritt0n
Returning Member

This should be promoted as a top question for Quebec residents as I must deal with it every year. I always forget the work-around and must dig through piles of similar questions before arriving to this TurboTax recommended solution.