Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adffasfutlook-
Returning Member

To say this site is total garbage is an understatement. I paid for the product, was given a download link, and when i sign in the only option is to continue online.

Instead of getting a download link you are presented with irrelevant requests for information because you're not filing online. All you want is a download link for software already purchased. I've use Turbotax for 10 years or so and this is the worst experience ever.
8 Replies

To say this site is total garbage is an understatement. I paid for the product, was given a download link, and when i sign in the only option is to continue online.

Is this the link you are using Choose the 2023 TurboTax edition you need ?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

adffasfutlook-
Returning Member

Yes, well that's one of the 10 links I tried, each asking me questions that were only relevant to online filing when all I wanted to do was download my desktop software which I had just purchased.

The link I gave you will bring you to the Desktop/Download software. The questions are for your benefit to assure the correct version is chosen for your needs.

adffasfutlook-
Returning Member

The options presented at signin are to continue 2023 or 2022 filings. Neither of which have anything to do with downloading the software. In fact, how can you continue filing when you haven't downloaded the software. This is the only site I've ever encountered that doesn't have a simple download for the product you purchase. I finally found it by going into account settings and it was too stupid to put a message to disable my ad blocker. Until the ad blocker was disabled, on a hunch, the link didn't work...no message, no errors, nothing. Thankfully I have a background in systems so I figured that part out quickly. Finding where my download was buried, and definitely not under Downloads where it should have been, was another story.

adffasfutlook-
Returning Member

As I wrote in my original post, i had already purchased the product. No link was provided after purchase, only an email asking me to verify my purchase. Who is the moron who developed a process where you buy something but you need to jump through hoops to find where your download link is. It's not under downloads, it's under Account Settings...yeah that makes lots of sense.

And even there, you need to figure out why the link is inactive - until you realize it's because you need to disable the ad blocker. 99.99% of websites give you a message when the ad blocker is an issue, not this site.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. we value your opinion and will share this information with our development team.

adffasfutlook-
Returning Member

It's sad when you have bots who can't understand clearly stated topics and messages rather than humans.

If you purchased TurboTax Desktop- CD/download-  by clicking on the box of the version you have purchased it will download your TurboTax software for you.

We appreciate your feedback on your experience.