Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TurboTax 2015 Standard installed successfully on my PC but will only start periodically when I double-click the desktop link.

I have followed the suggested troubleshooting tips and have set up the shortcut & application to run as Administrator. It is almost as though I have to click the link 6 or 8 times to get the application to open. Once open, the application runs as expected. The application will not start if I use the START menu. I am running WIN 10 Home, as Administrator and the application is installed in a Program Files folder I have set up on my D Drive. I have 32 GB of RAM & run an Intel Core i7-3770K CPU @ 3.5 Mhz with considerable hard drive space still available. I have not had this problem in past years with previous TurboTax applications.
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

TurboTax 2015 Standard installed successfully on my PC but will only start periodically when I double-click the desktop link.

Win 10 does not like people putting things in custom places.  As long as it is installed in a manner that it expects, you will not have any problems with it.  A lot of people are running into this type of problem with a lot of different software.  This is not an issue with TurboTax.  I had no problems with a standard installation to C drive on Win 10.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Win 10 does not like people putting things in custom places.  As long as it is installed in a manner that it expects, you will not have any problems with it.  A lot of people are running into this type of problem with a lot of different software.  This is not an issue with TurboTax.  I had no problems with a standard installation to C drive on Win 10.

Thanks Delphision. I have reinstalled using all defaults & the app seems to now be working correctly. Interestingly, when doing the uninstall, the uninstaller got hung up while "gathering system information" & while I had to force it to close, it did remove most of the files and I was able to reinstall on C drive after a reboot. Just one additional point to mention FYI, other applications I have installed on D: have not (yet) proven to be an issue. Thanks again!!