Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bmair01

"TurboTax Free" will not let me complete my claim without upgrading to paid service. I have not made any claims to investments. How do I proceed?

2 Replies

"TurboTax Free" will not let me complete my claim without upgrading to paid service. I have not made any claims to investments. How do I proceed?

You may have entered a slip that has things on it that are not supported by the Free version. Also, if you transferred your information from last year, you might have brought over something that is also not included in TurboTax Online Free.

This TurboTax page has a list of what is include in TurboTax Online Free: https://turbotax.intuit.ca/tax/filing/free

bmair01

Thank-you for the reply.

I referenced the list that is produced by the online, context help system. I checked my claim twice and could not find the discrepancy, so I have since used a competitor to file my free claim. The list has the following exception items that I made no claims for in my 2022 return. 

Employment expenses (meals, lodging, etc.)

Donations

Medical expenses

Investment income

Rental property income

Business income