Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TurboTax says I need to enter my employer's QST account #, but my employer is in Ontario and doesn't have one. I wfh in Quebec. Should I not claim the QST rebate?

My employer doesn't have a QST account number because they're based in Ontario, but I work from home in Quebec and have work expenses to claim. TurboTax shows me an error and insists I enter the QST account number, on the TP-64.3-V form "provided by my employer" (that they don't have because they're an Ontario-based company). What should I do?
1 Reply

TurboTax says I need to enter my employer's QST account #, but my employer is in Ontario and doesn't have one. I wfh in Quebec. Should I not claim the QST rebate?

If you reside in Canada, you may be entitled to a rebate of the Québec sales tax (QST) in respect of corporeal movable property (including a mobile home or a floating home) or a road vehicle purchased in Québec that you take or ship to another province or to the Northwest Territories, Yukon or Nunavut.

Road vehicle

A rebate of the QST is granted for a road vehicle under the following conditions:

• The vehicle was purchased for use exclusively outside Québec.
  • The vehicle was taken or shipped to another province or to a territory within 30 days following the date the vehicle was delivered to you.
  • You paid the tax in respect of the vehicle (if applicable) in the province or the territory to which it was transferred.

If the above doesn't cover your case then you are not eligible. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.