Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
petrenaf

What industry code should I use for my self employment when it consists of Travel media contracts, professional speaking, Youtube, and affiliate marketing?

1 Reply

What industry code should I use for my self employment when it consists of Travel media contracts, professional speaking, Youtube, and affiliate marketing?

If your business/employment has more than one activity, use the code that most closely describes your main  activity. For instance, if your main activity is youtube then you must use the code 519130 which is Internet Publishing and Web Search Portals. Whereas, if your main activity is affiliate marketing then you must use the code 541611 which is Administrative management and general management consulting services. I suggest you to check the CRA's list of industry codes for self-employment, and select one that closely resembles to your main activity.

If you require further assistance please contact our phone support team for further assistance or contact us directly on Facebook or Twitter.