Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karlo1

Where is line 316 for my existing disability amount $7766.00 and how do I get there

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Where is line 316 for my existing disability amount $7766.00 and how do I get there

Are you using the online version or the desktop version.  If you are using the online version, you will not be able to go directly to a line.  You will need to answer the question in your profile as to whether or not you are disabled to allow the software to calculate the credit.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Are you using the online version or the desktop version.  If you are using the online version, you will not be able to go directly to a line.  You will need to answer the question in your profile as to whether or not you are disabled to allow the software to calculate the credit.

I have done this, but I don't see anywhere that the amount shows up.  Any ideas?

Click on the review tab, and scroll down to see "detailed tax summary"  You should be able to see the effect of the credit there.

im having the same problem. I don't see it in the summary.
gregf

Is it lumped in with "Other Amounts" under 'Credits and deductions summary' in the online version?
mccpie01

I see it in the summery and I am unable to remove it.

I answered NO to the question on disability but it is still adding the amount and refused to file with CRA.

I am having this same issue and it's preventing me from filing. My DTC expired this year and I'm appealing it so I cannot claim it right now, how do I get rid of it so I can file??

You must go to the deductions tab and follow the offerings until you get to where you can delete all information in that screen.  Then you can answer no to a disability tax credit.  The only other way is to start a new return without carrying forward any information and starting fresh.  You will have to enter carry forwards manually.

Yes, I called in and because I carried over info from last year, it carried over the DTC as well and there is no way to get rid of it unless you start a new return. The lady I spoke to gave me a coupon code so I could do a new return without having to pay again, and I skipped the carry forward part and entered it manually as a new return. As usual, after doing this, everything went smoothly and without further issue.