Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the meals and entertainment expense when doing my self employed income part? I only saw something like this under conventions. Where is it now?

5 Replies

Where is the meals and entertainment expense when doing my self employed income part? I only saw something like this under conventions. Where is it now?

Apologies, seems I just skipped over it because it came up so soon!

Act2023
Returning Member

Under  Self-employment TurboTax is using a new format.  I have been looking in vain for a box  allowing input of 'meals and entertainment'.  Since meals are subject to special Tax treatment, (Only 50% recorded), this is important.

Can anyone help with this?

@Act2023 Meals & Entertainment is still there. Try going page by page instead of using the search box.

Act2023
Returning Member

Thank you for responding.  Would like to go step by step, but the new format does not seem to allow that. Any suggestions?

Are you using TurboTax Online or TurboTax CD/Download?