Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
taxmom1234
Returning Member

Which version automatically does adult children & transfers?

I'm switching from Ufile ($19.99)  to Turbo Tax due to an error in the way Ufile inputs the T5013.  

I'm used to inputting data for both parents and adult children, and Ufile automatically transfers tuition & medical to maximize benefits.  

Which version of TurboTax will do the same?    I've bought the $19.99 download Basic version of Turbo Tax but it is not letting me do the adult kids the way I'm used to doing them.   Is there a more expensive version that does what Ufile does for $19.99?    I don't need help, I'm a knowledgeable user.   

Also: 

I noticed the popup input interface for T forms etc is very clunky and ugly in TurboTax Basic.   Does it get better in the more expensive versions?   

Thanks.  

1 Reply

Which version automatically does adult children & transfers?

Unfortunately, at this time, there is no way to automatically optimize or do transfers with the whole family in TurboTax. You can only do that between spouses who are preparing their returns together, and some optimizers are not available in TurboTax Basic CD/Download.

The pop-up for the T-Slips in Basic is the same for all versions of TurboTax CD/Download. The higher priced options have the option to enter your information using the EasyStep interview mode, which is more aesthetically pleasing, but less efficient if you have many slips/receipts etc… to enter.