Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While I was completing my return on TurboTax I ticked a box that said I would pay my taxes within 5 days. Now I want to change that but I don't see a way to do so?

As I have to print and post my return, I want to wait until I get the notification from CRA before paying. I don't know whether me ticking the "5 days" box means that I now have to pay them within 5 days.
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

While I was completing my return on TurboTax I ticked a box that said I would pay my taxes within 5 days. Now I want to change that but I don't see a way to do so?

If you've indicated when you file that you intend to pay your tax balance due within 5 days, they'll hold the processing of your Notice of Assessment (NOA) until they get your payment so that when they do send out your NOA, it will reflect that you've paid.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

You can contact the CRA to make payment arrangements. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Thank for the reply. Really I just want to know if it matters when I pay my taxes, as long as I pay them before the 30th April? Is there any requirement to actually pay them within 5 days of finalising my return with TurboTax?

If you've indicated when you file that you intend to pay your tax balance due within 5 days, they'll hold the processing of your Notice of Assessment (NOA) until they get your payment so that when they do send out your NOA, it will reflect that you've paid.