Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are my 'income' amounts for Dividends, Interest, and Investments, not matching what amounts are on my T5s?

4 Replies

Why are my 'income' amounts for Dividends, Interest, and Investments, not matching what amounts are on my T5s?

Did you use "Auto-fill my return" service to import the information from the CRA directly and it's different from your T5s?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Yes. But I do have some US non-registered dividend income which I manually input from 1042-S documents. Is that duplicating the T5 entries?

@jkipp Yes, if the amounts are already reported on your T5 slips, you don't need to enter them again.

That worked! I was under the impression that you had to input both T5 and 1042-S even though they reported same data. Thanks Susan!