Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is it more expensive online this year

Ya they lost me as a customer as well. Literally any other option is cheaper. We just have to deal with it being less user friendly. It’s nothing to do with what you clicked or how u filed. They are just money hungry. Just forked over 176$ to file my taxes. Absolutely absurd. Would be cheaper for me to just have someone else file for me. 8 years of paying these guys and now I’m officially done. 

I'm in the military and can file for free since my husband has a lawn business. I had to pay $202.03 this year last year; I only paid $139. I've been using TurboTax since 2016. You would think there would be some kind of discount. I'm paying more to file my taxes than I actually get back. This is terrible. 

You have reached the Canadian side of TurboTax- Please go to the US side of the TurboTax Community to ask for a discount. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax & for your service. 🙂 

TM81

I used to pay $40 online per person, because I had to buy the Premium to report some small rental income. Now it is asking $130 per couple? No way, a complete scam. I am moving to H&R Block which charges $70 per couple and it is a very comparable software, some people have told me it is even better.

You can purchase TurboTax software at a local retailer near you for a better price. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.