Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why my scholarship (box 105 T4A) does not appear as income, although it appeared as other income last year? I see it in year over year comparison page of Turbotax.

I am a full time student.
5 Replies

Why my scholarship (box 105 T4A) does not appear as income, although it appeared as other income last year? I see it in year over year comparison page of Turbotax.

Please make sure that you have entered your scholarship in the correct box 105.  Read each one and enter it in the correct one- if you are a full time or part time student, and if you received a T2202.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Thank you for the response. I entered my scholarship in front of "Full-time scholarship: also have T2202 with months in Box 25" which explains my situation...still shows my income as zero!

Most scholarships are non-taxable. 

Do I have to report scholarships and other academic awards on my return?

It cannot be the correct answer as last year my situation was the same, but Turbotax did not calculate my income as zero.

If it was the same situation and you have entered the amounts in the same box 105 there should not have been tax taken off. You may have entered it, in the wrong box last year.