Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chobo321

Would the Turbotax Assist and Review Package work for my needs?

Hi,

I am investing in Crypto long-term as well as doing a bit of swing trading (weeks to months). This would be my first year reporting Crypto taxes so I am looking for assistance. I use Koinly to keep track of all my transactions. The service also provides the ability to export a schedule 3.

Questions:

1. Would the Assist and Review package be enough?

- I have questions regarding Capital Gains vs Business. 

- Questions regarding specific types of transaction and how to account for them.

- etc..

2. Would the CPA be able to review my Koinly transactions as well? Koinly allows an account holder to share access by inputting their email. 

Thank you

2 Replies

With our  Live Assist and Review, you get the opportunity to speak with a live tax expert, right on your screen to help you out with your taxes and review your return, line-by-line to ensure that you are filing with confidence, knowing you can get back the maximum refund or pay the least amount of taxes.

Kindly see the TurboTax FAQ

If you require further assistance please contact our phone support team for further assistance or contact us directly on Facebook or Twitter.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Please check the TurboTax Online Line-Up to understand which product is suitable for you.

We recommend TurboTax Live Full Service, so you don’t need to worry about anything and have the expert do your tax return.

TurboTax Live Assist and Review will give you advices and review your tax return before you file, but will not do your tax return for you. You would need to verify yourself the report from Koinly by asking Koinly directly. TurboTax experts will not verify the third party report for you, but you can ask questions regarding how to enter the information from this report to TurboTax.

You may find this information helpful in determining how to report your crypto income:

TurboTax: “How do I report the sale of cryptocurrency on my taxes?”

CRA: “Guide for cryptocurrency users and tax professionals”

If you require further assistance please contact our phone support team for further assistance or contact us directly on Facebook or Twitter.