Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sbatyski

My minor dependent kids received a T4A(P) - Child Benefit. If I file their own tax return, when I file my return do I need to say 'YES' to my dependents had an income?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My minor dependent kids received a T4A(P) - Child Benefit. If I file their own tax return, when I file my return do I need to say 'YES' to my dependents had an income?

Yes you would need to report the T4A(P) as income of the child under the "Deductions" tab > "Additional Dependent Information".

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Yes you would need to report the T4A(P) as income of the child under the "Deductions" tab > "Additional Dependent Information".

do you mean under where it says dependents income ?  yes or no    And if I pick yes then do I put the T4A(P) under the Net Income or the non refundable tax credit?

And you also have to state that your child had a Net Income for the purposes of calculating Dependant amounts on your tax return.  Under the "Deductions" tab and "Additional Dependant Information".
TonyCX

Hi there,

I have a same issue. How can I find the “Net Income” to key-in the amount for 2020 version? Thank you. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax. Did you select the option that your dependent is working? If need need further assistance please reach out to us on our social pages so we can better assist you by selecting one of the links provided below:

https://www.facebook.com/messages/t/TurboTaxCanada 

https://twitter.com/turbotaxcanada