Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How I can transfer my 2015 profile that I filed on line to 2016 that I installed the software on my computer

I have filed TurboTax last year live on line. This year I have bought the CD and installed it in my computer. I want to migrate 2015 profile into 2016. I need help to do this.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How I can transfer my 2015 profile that I filed on line to 2016 that I installed the software on my computer

You will not be able to import your TTO return to TurboTax Desktop. Unfortunately the two are not compatible.

You would have to enter your data manually for this year and next year when you use the desktop version again you will then be able to import.

Sorry I did not have better news

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You will not be able to import your TTO return to TurboTax Desktop. Unfortunately the two are not compatible.

You would have to enter your data manually for this year and next year when you use the desktop version again you will then be able to import.

Sorry I did not have better news