Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone out there frustrated with the fact that if you used the online version of Turbo Tax in 2022 you cannot import your file into a off line (CD or download) in 2023?

I was not happy with online version last year and went back to offline version this year.  It appears that TT is trying to force me to go online again so I can import my last year information.  I am told there is nothing that they can do.
1 Reply
Moussi2

Anyone out there frustrated with the fact that if you used the online version of Turbo Tax in 2022 you cannot import your file into a off line (CD or download) in 2023?

Unfortunately, you cannot transfer your data from a return submitted last year via TurboTax Online to the CD/Download version this year, as the CD version uses files with the .tt22 extension. Data for returns submitted online are saved in a cloud database that does not have the same extension.

However, by logging on to your My Account for individuals at CRA and/or My Account at Revenu Québec , you can retrieve a copy of your return submitted last year, which you can then use to manually fill in the data required for your current year's return.

Nevertheless, it is possible to transfer data from the downloaded software to the online software.

Here's how to do it: In TurboTax Online, how do I transfer my information from my previous year's tax return?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.