Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the firefighter amount not transferring from sch 1 to my provincial form? And I am unable to enter manually?

3 Replies

Why is the firefighter amount not transferring from sch 1 to my provincial form? And I am unable to enter manually?

From the CRA - Line 362 – Volunteer firefighters' amount https://bit.ly/2Gbtl3s

Did you answer the details of this in your profile section of your return? 

• Were you a volunteer firefighter and/or a search and rescue volunteer?  YES  
  • Did you complete 200 hours of eligible volunteer firefighting services with one or more fire departments in the year?  YES 
  • This will calculate your  $3000 amount on line 362 of your Schedule 1.

For the Provincial side, you may open FormsView and go directly to the NL428 forms and enter it in on line 5830 manually, which is also entered manually in FormsView under the Schedule 1 line 362.

For more information from TurboTax Tips:  Volunteer Firefighters Tax Credit -https://turbotax.intuit.ca/tips/volunteer-firefighters-tax-credit-2-5345

Firefighter Credit has been claimed on both Federal and Provincial schedules, Line 362 of the Federal and Line 5830 of the NL Provincial.  When did this change?  As well I do not use the interview method, I am quite familiar with the different forms required so I always use the forms method.  I do not have an issue putting the information in Line 362 of Schedule 1, my issue is that the amount is not transferring to Line 5830 of the NL Provincial and I am not able to manually enter.

@korenmhunt - can you make sure you software has been updated. Because I just opened a NL tax return in the downloaded version and entered my amount in Federal line 362 and then went over and entered it under the NL428 line 5830, no problem.