Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot transfer 45% of income tax paid from federal to Quebec. Why?

I have done this for the last 25 years and this year, it does not allow me.

15 Replies

I am having the same problem. I have entered the information correctly yet the program does not allow me to perform the transfer ...

I was able to go directly into the T1 and make the change in the line for transfer. It worked!

Same issue here. I tried the same as Elaine, went directly to the forms and manually entered. This worked to proceed with the 'interview', but then when I was all done my taxes, it showed as an error when trying to file and would not let me NETFILE. Is there a way to get the system to show the eligible transfer amount in Easy Forms, so that the transfer is recognized?

I tried to add it directly into the T1 form but when going back to the easy step process to continue it wouldn't work. It states that the amount is greater than 45% of the amount indicated. Even if I put in $1 I get the same statement that it is greater than 45%! In previous years, when I get to this point in the easy step process the total income tax deducted amount is indicated in a box with the 45% transfer amount to be inputted below it. IN this 2018 version, there is no income tax amount indicated ... just a grey table indicated "slip" and "amount". My father-in-law is having the same issue.

I am having the same problem.  Has anyone contacted TurboTax to inform them of this bug? It's a significant issue.

They have been contacted and apparently are working on a fix. Meanwhile the deadline to file approaches.

I ended up bypassing this issue bu entering the 45% transfer amount directly on line 438 in the federal form (which is then automatically entered on line 454 of the Quebec form) then I skipped the easy step part of the 45% transfer going directly to the tax shield step. It seemed to work this way and I was able to file without any errors.

How did you enter the amount directly on line 438? I tried in the T4 and it won't let me, i can't even click on the line. Is there somewhere else beside the T4 you can access line 438? Thanks

Did you unselect the interview question in easy step to get this to work?