Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My T5008 only has some of the information. Can I fill in the rest of the boxes with data from my transaction records?

I received a T5008 for some ETFs that I moved from my non-RSP account to my RSP account in 2017. I guess this is like me selling, which means I can claim a capital gain/loss before the funds get put into my RSP account where I can't do that anymore. But my T5008 doesn't include all the information I need to complete the process - namely, it doesn't include anything in Box 20 Cost or Book Value (which I assume is the same as Adjusted Cost Base) and it doesn't include any of my Outlays and Expenses (i.e., my trading costs). Can I just enter the appropriate data from my transaction records even though it isn't included on the T5008 form?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My T5008 only has some of the information. Can I fill in the rest of the boxes with data from my transaction records?

Definitely! If you used auto fill from CRA, not all the boxes are entered. You will need to enter what you paid for each (ACB) and outlays. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Definitely! If you used auto fill from CRA, not all the boxes are entered. You will need to enter what you paid for each (ACB) and outlays.