Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hwy62012
Returning Member

"Information needed to calculate the transfer of your spouse/partner's unused Saskatchewan tax credits is missing. " What does that mean?

Also waiting for a solution to this problem.  I have not put the effort into contacting Turbo Tax yet as waiting on line as others have described isn't an option at this time.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to identify they were having the same problem. I spent several extra hours trying to figure out the solution before I discovered this chat group.

Hopefully they recognize that Saskatchewan Turbo Tax users deserve to have this error corrected.

Cypresssask
Returning Member

"Information needed to calculate the transfer of your spouse/partner's unused Saskatchewan tax credits is missing. " What does that mean?

Spent several hours trying to figure out "where" this issue was. It looks as if the data is transferring but it is as if the program doesn't realize it has completed the transfer. AND, if you override then of course it won't let you Netfile. A bit frustrated as it has wasted several hours of my time, on a pretty basic filing that I could have done manually for far less than that cost of their program

Lesdster

This is frustrating. A very simple pair of tax returns with each person having T4A(P); T4A(OAS); and one person with a small T4A and a very small T5. Yet I keep getting the error 
"Information needed to calculate the transfer of your spouse/partner's unused Saskatchewan tax credits is missing"

Several people have posted the same error going back more than three weeks and yet no response from Turbotax!

I triple checked also and I could not see anything incorrect . It did let me submit both returns which is what i I ended up doing. I will be buying a different software next year. An insult for those who took the time to call in an report it. 

weppb1
Returning Member

I placed the original call to TurboTax on this issue. I talked to them again yesterday. They are working on the problem and feel that it will be corrected the end of this week. Note that even though you have the error I was able to NetFile my return with no issues. I did not Netfile my spouses as she owes CRA and therefore I will wait until nearer th deadline.

tanzen43
Returning Member

Hey everyone, there may be good news. I'd left my tax return in the state where this issue was still happening, and this morning 8AM CST 2021-03-19, when I launched turbo tax, there was an update, ran update, and the fix no longer popped up as an issue and I was able to process my return with the CRA no problem. So I think it may be resolved. Try running the software and see if the software asks to be updated.  Good luck!