Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

niraolso
Returning Member

Where do I input the amount of rent that I paid? I have a 2019 crp, certificate of rent paid form

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

33 Replies
RobertG
Expert Alumni

Where do I input the amount of rent that I paid? I have a 2019 crp, certificate of rent paid form

You do that in your state return when you go through the state interview.

It does not go on your Federal return.

Which State are you filing it for?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
niraolso
Returning Member

Minnesota.  I did check the box saying I have the form, but I did not get to input the amount of rent paid anywhere.  That's what I'm wondering where to put that amount

niraolso
Returning Member

Do you have a reply for me? Thanks

niraolso
Returning Member

Can you please advise where I put the amount of rent that I paid on the state form?  

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

Here the steps:

In TurboTax online,

• After you sign in to your account, select Pick up where you left off
  • On-screen, Status of your state returns, under Minnesota, select Edit or Continue
  • Follow prompts all the way through
  • Bypass "Minnesota Credits" and "Minnesota Business and Investment Credits"
  • On-screen, Other Forms You May Need, checkbox Property Tax Refund ( Form M1PR), and Continue
  • See the image below

@niraolso

niraolso
Returning Member

Filing in Minnesota.  I'm still waiting for a reply as where to input the amount I paid on rent . And I do have the certificate of rent paid form. Please advise 

niraolso
Returning Member

I did all of that, but don't I have to input the amount of rent paid anywhere on the state return??

Thanks

niraolso
Returning Member

I did what Lila posted.  But where do I put the amount of rent paid on my state return for Minnesota?  That's what I need to know please.  

Thank you!

niraolso
Returning Member

LinaJ2020---. I did what you posted, but nowhere was I able to input the AMOUNT of rent I paid for 2019. That's what I am questioning where to put that amount. In Minnesota, on state form. 

Thanks for a reply

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

If you follow the prompts, you should see the screen" Total Rent Paid from CRP".  See the image below.  Your landlord should also have provided you with a 2019 Form CRP.  You would enter the number from line 3 on the screen. 

@@niraolso

niraolso
Returning Member

LinaJ2020:.  This screen did NOT come up for me at all. That's why I am questioning it.  And I do have the form

Thanks

niraolso
Returning Member

LinaJ2020-- as I indicated in a previous post, the screen you mention where I am supposed to put the amount of rent paid, DIDN'T come up for me. 

This is so frustrating and is not supposed to take long to complete, but would help if the prompt you indicated would show up for me. Thanks

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

In order to assist you, I would like to take a look at your program to see what's going on, if that's okay with you.  This is called a diagnostic copy request. To send me a copy, here are the steps you would need to take on your end: 

In TurboTax online,

• Sign in to your account, select Pick up where you left off
  • To your left, select Tax Tools, click on the drop-down menu
  • Select Tools
  • On the Tools Center screen, select Share my file with Agent ( the very last option)
  • Follow prompts
  • You will be given a token number
  • Please provide me with that token number.  ( For security purposes, your personal information will not be revealed)

@niraolso

niraolso
Returning Member

LinaJ2020:.   Token number is: 611521

Thanks.  Niraolso

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies