Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
AlexP

Can I claim Manitoba's "Education Property Tax Credit" if I moved to another province in August?

I was paying rent in Manitoba until mid-August 2017 when I moved to Ontario. Am I eligible for "Education Property Tax Credit" for the period of time I lived in Manitoba? However, since I updated my primary address in TurboTax account, my province has changed to Ontario. I will appreciate if someone can help me with this question. Do I have to switch to another version of TurboTax? Thank you.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can I claim Manitoba's "Education Property Tax Credit" if I moved to another province in August?

Unfortunately, if you moved during the tax year or since, it's still where you lived on December 31st that will determine what applies to you. So if you lived in Ontario on December 31st, youā€™ll be filling an Ontario tax return, and only Ontario credits and deductions will be available on the Provincial return.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Unfortunately, if you moved during the tax year or since, it's still where you lived on December 31st that will determine what applies to you. So if you lived in Ontario on December 31st, youā€™ll be filling an Ontario tax return, and only Ontario credits and deductions will be available on the Provincial return.