Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Noorden

Is the sale of publicly traded US securities reported and handled with Canadian securities? Reported through TurboTax in the same manner?

I have a sale of US holdings through a Canadian bank for which I have a significant capital loss (approximately $40,000).  How is that reported? All I received was a statement from the bank showing the disposition.  Is there anything I need to do for a US filing?

3 Replies

Is the sale of publicly traded US securities reported and handled with Canadian securities? Reported through TurboTax in the same manner?

Are you referring to your Canadian tax return or your American one? Because this is TurboTax Canada.
Noorden

Canadian Tax Return.

You would go under the Income tab - Tslips - Foreign Slip is where you would enter in your foreign losses.