Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug made a claim for the basic personal amount on line 300 of Schedule 1 that does not equal the yearly maximum amount. If the basic personal amount needs to be prorate

made a claim for the basic personal amount on line 300 of Schedule 1 that does not equal the yearly maximum amount. If the basic personal amount needs to be prorated because you immigrated in the tax year, please ensure you have entered your date of entry and review your entry on line 300. Otherwise enter the yearly maximum of $11,474 on line 300. If you emigrated or went bankrupt in the tax year, please send a paper return for processing. The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) regrets the inconvenience. How do I fix this. Looks like everything I'd fine
3 Replies

Debug made a claim for the basic personal amount on line 300 of Schedule 1 that does not equal the yearly maximum amount. If the basic personal amount needs to be prorate

We’re aware of the issue and are working to resolve it quickly. We'll reply back here as soon as we've got an update.

I am having the same issue - I have put in the date that I left Canada, but TurboTax is not prorating my basic personal amount.  Please help!

This issue has been resolved. Please sign in to your TurboTax Free return and submit to CRA's NETFILE service when you're ready.